This is not a required use of Forethought but it is a great way to promote collaborative lesson planning using shared or team planners.
In Forethought, teachers can share their planners two ways with other teachers at their campuses:
- Sharing Lesson Planners - this allows you to share your lesson planner with other staff members who can view and copy your lesson planner. This is useful for inclusion, content mastery, or mentoring new teachers.
- Building Team Planners - A team planner allows you to build and collaborate on lesson planning with peers at your campus or across the district in the same planner. This is useful for grade level teams, subject area teams, or curriculum mapping teams.
*Note: You do not need to share your planner with your campus principals as they already have access to view lesson planners.
Share a Lesson Planner
What Shared Lesson Planners Provide:
- You can view and print from shared planners.
- You can copy lesson entries from a shared planner into your own planner.
Considerations Before Sharing A Lesson Planner:
- You can edit your own lesson planner but you cannot edit a planner someone else has shared with you.
- You can only share with other teachers that have set up a lesson planner. (i.e. If your friend down the hall has not set up her schedule in the lesson planner, you cannot share with her yet.)
- Selecting staff members to view your planner does not automatically give you access to view their lesson planner. Both staff members have to share with each other.
- You do not have to teach the same courses to share your lesson planner with another teacher. (i.e. A middle school math teacher who teachers pre-algebra may choose to share her lesson planner with a high school math teacher who teacher algebra. However, to copy from a shared lesson planner to your individual planner, you do need to teach the same courses.)
- When a teacher leaves the district, his shared lesson planner does not automatically unshare itself. The leaving teacher will need to log into Eduphoria and unshare his lesson planner before leaving, or an administrator with the impersonation right will need to log into Eduphoria as that teacher and unshare his lesson planner.
How to Share Your Planner
- Under Planner Options in the lower left corner, choose Change My Settings.
- Click Share My Planner.
- Add or Remove a Teacher
Build a Team Planner
Create a New Team
- Click on the Create a New Team button
- Click Next to start the wizard
- Give the team name a detailed and distinctive name. Click Next.
- Add Members (enter names for searching) and click Next.
- Add Course(s) and click Next. You cannot edit the name of a course in a team planner
- Click Finish