An eCourse is an asynchronous course that is taken online at your own pace. These usually have a scored quiz or task to complete at the end to provide the certification of learning based on successful passing score. Some eCourses require an instructor to approve a task or submitted upload requirement before a passing score is given. When you enroll in an eCourse, you will be able to view information about the requirements for credit inside the course.
In the Professional Development tab, the list of Available Courses will show course types including eCourses.
- Click the Register button to enroll in an eCourse.
After registering in an eCourse, it will appear in the list of Available Courses in your Professional Development tab. Click on the name of the course to open the options for course participation. On this screen, the type of credit awarded and how credit is awarded is listed in the Course Overview tab.
Begin an eCourse:
- Click the Course Content tab
- Click the View button - this will pop-up a window where users interact with course contents
*Note: eCourses can be stopped at any time and you can return to your stopping point to access content as needed. It saves your progress as you go through the eCourse slides.
- Use the blue arrows to navigate to the next and previous slides in an eCourse.
By clicking on the top button to View Topic Files, you can then click on any attached file to open it. After viewing the topics, you can then take any practice or graded assessments.
- When you reach the end of a chapter, click the Move to the Next Chapter option to open another section of your eCourse training session.
If you ever leave an eCourse and need to view your progress, click the Course Content tab to view accomplished sections.
- A green checkmark indicates the section was viewed in entirety.
- A pencil icon indicates the section is in progress and not completed.
- An icon with no checkmark or pencil indicates the section has not been accessed yet.
*Note: In order for credit to be received for an eCourse, all sections must be marked complete even if quizzes and tasks have been completed.
Once all chapters are completed with green check marks, you can then Request Credit using the button on the top toolbar.