Professional Development Administrators in Strive are able to upload custom data imports for mass credit management.
- Access Strive, Settings, Workshop Settings
- Click Staff Management
- Click Import Custom Data
The importer contains the ability to create and store templates for reuse over time. Once you create a template, you can reuse the same template with matched column headers for future uploads. Stored templates appear on the left side.
Note: Using the Import Custom Data feature in Strive does not create a course in course management. It mass imports credits, which will display as an outside credit request. To view the imported credits, view the staff portfolio.
Create a Template
- Click the Create Template button
The wizard will walk you through the setup for your upload template.
Step 1: Define your import template
- Enter the name for your template
- Upload your CSV file with data
- Click Choose File
- Locate the file on your computer
- Click the Upload button
- Once the name of the file appears next to Choose File, click the NEXT button
- After clicking NEXT, a list of the potential schema (data matches) appears on this page. Click NEXT again to address matching column headers with data.
Step 2: Match Course and User Columns
- In this section, use the drop-down menus to match required data fields to columns in your uploaded file.
- The NEXT button will not be active until all columns are matched.
- Click NEXT when columns are matched.
Step 3: Match Credit Columns
- In this section, only select the column to match Credit Type. Select the column of data that represents the credit type to be awarded.
- Once the column is selected, check the boxes next to the specific credit type(s) to be awarded in the upload.
- You can award multiple credit types at the same time.
- Click NEXT when this step is complete.
Step 4: Final Step
The system will run a check to validate imported data files.
Select the option to validate and click FINISH.
The completed template will be stored in your list of created templates. It can be re-applied to another importer with similar fields. You can create as many templates as needed.
Tips for creating your Data Import Template:
The comma delimited file (.csv) must have the following columns to be successfully imported:
- Course Title
- Start Date
- End Date* (If end date is left unmatched, it will be set the same as the start date)
- User Email
- ‘Credit Type’ Column with value of hours
- If you have more columns than that, it is fine, but they are not necessary for the import
- Credit Type column must have the value of credit.
- If a course has more than one credit AND the credit value is the same, you can connect the column to more than one credit type.
- If a course has multiple credit types with different credit values, each column would be listed separately with the credit value included.
Below is an example spreadsheet of how the CSV file provides credits to multiple users participating in multiple courses with different types of credits awarded.
Column A is the title of the course
Column B is the Start and End date of the course
Column C is the User email and identifies who will receive credit.
Columns D-G are the Credit Types in Workshop/Strive
- The header of the columns is the actual credit type
- The cells in columns D-G reflect the number of credit hours awarded for each credit type
Upload New Import with A Created Template
- Click the template you wish to use.
- Click the Import New File button.
- Select the file to upload.
- Click Upload.
- Click NEXT
Because you are using an existing template, you do not have to verify column data again.
Remove a File and Remove Data
- Select the created Template
- View the history of data file uploads by import date and status
- Use the buttons at the bottom of the screen to review content, logs, or delete upload record and its data.