Student Portfolios provide a way for teachers to document student learning at multiple points in time so they can effectively plan for intervention and enrichment, as well as draw conclusions about student progress and performance.
Teachers can build and manage Student Portfolios under the Analyze Tab in Aware.
Building Student Portfolios
1) To begin building a portfolio, select My Student Portfolios under the Analyze Tab. All of your existing portfolios will be listed here.
2) Select Add New Portfolio.
3) Under General Information, enter the Portfolio Name and Description of your portfolio.
4) Next, enter the first Milestone and the Performance Levels and Descriptors for the milestone.
- An unlimited number of Milestones can be entered in a portfolio.
- Up to six Performance Levels can be entered for each Milestone.
- Deleting unused Performance Level entry panes is recommended.
5) To add additional Milestones, collapse the previous entry pane. Then select the purple Plus icon to open an additional entry pane.
6) Once you have entered a Milestone, click the save icon.
7) To copy or delete a Milestone, select the respective icon on the right-hand side. Edit a Milestone, expand the entry pane.
NOTE: If students have been assigned and scored in the portfolio, a pop-up message will remind you that "Editing may change the meaning of the scale". If you wish to continue editing, close the window.
8) Once you have finished creating your portfolio, you are ready to assign it to students and begin scoring. For help on Assigning and Scoring Student Portfolios, click HERE.
Managing Student Portfolios
Select My Student Portfolios under the Analyze Tab. All of your existing (active and archived) portfolios will be listed here. There are actionable icons on the right that allow you to edit, copy, share, delete, and view details of the portfolios.
NOTE: Student Portfolios will automatically archive based on your district calendar.
Expand the portfolio to see its description as well as which Courses/Sections and Monitor Lists have been assigned to the portfolio.
To Edit your portfolio, select the edit icon. From here you can add/edit Milestones, assign the portfolio to students, and score the portfolio.
For help on Assigning and Scoring Student Portfolios, click HERE.
To make a Copy of your portfolio, select the copy icon.
NOTE: The copy you make will not have students or scores assigned to it.
You can Share your portfolio with other teachers and Teacher Teams that your are a part of by selecting the send a copy icon.
NOTE: When you share your portfolio, the receiving teacher(s) will see it listed under My Student Portfolios. It will not have students or scores assigned to it.
You can Delete a portfolio by selecting the delete icon.
NOTE: This will delete the portfolio and all scoring associated with the portfolio.
Linking your Student Portfolio to a Student Growth Goal in Strive
Student Portfolios can be linked to Student Growth Goals in Strive. To link a portfolio to a Student Growth Goal in Strive, first select the Edit icon for the portfolio. Then select the Attach Goal button under Student Growth Goals.
A window will open that shows your Student Growth Goals. Choose the preferred goal by selecting the plus sign and then Attach Goal.
NOTE: Goals that have already been attached to a portfolio will be listed as unavailable for attachment.
This can be also be done while logged into the Strive Application.
Please see our help article HERE to learn more about linking Student Portfolios to Student Growth Goals in Strive.