Teachers can build and manage Student Portfolios under the Analyze Tab in Aware.
Building Student Portfolios
To begin building a portfolio, click on My Student Portfolios under the Analyze Tab.
All of your existing portfolios portfolios will be listed here.
- Click Add New Portfolio.
- Under General Information, enter the Portfolio Name and Description of your portfolio.
- Enter the first Milestone and Performance Levels and Descriptors for the portfolio.
- An unlimited number of Milestones can be entered in a portfolio.
- Up to 6 Performance Levels can be entered for each Milestone.
- Deleting unused Performance Level entry panes is recommended.
- To add additional Milestones, collapse the previous entry pane.
- Click the Plus Icon to open an additional entry pane.
- Once you have entered a Milestone, click the save icon.
- To delete a Milestone, click the delete icon.
- To Copy or Duplicate a Milestone, click the copy icon.
- To edit a Milestone, expand the entry pane.
NOTE: If students have been assigned and scored in the portfolio, a pop up window will open to remind you that "Editing may change the meaning of the scale". If you wish to continue editing close the window to proceed.
Once you have finished creating your portfolio, you are ready to assign it to students and begin scoring. For help on Assigning and Scoring Student Portfolios, click HERE.
Managing Student Portfolios
Click on My Student Portfolios under the Analyze Tab.
All of your existing (active and archived) portfolios will be listed here.
NOTE: Student Portfolios will automatically archive based on your district calendar.
Expanding your portfolio allows you to see the portfolio description as well as which Courses/Sections and Monitor Lists have been assigned to the portfolio.
You can Edit your portfolio by clicking the edit icon. This opens the portfolio. Once the portfolio is open, you can add/edit Milestones, assign the portfolio to students, and score the portfolio.
For help on Assigning and Scoring Student Portfolios, click HERE.
To make a Copy of your portfolio, click the copy icon.
NOTE: The copy you make will not have students or scores assigned to it.
You can Share your portfolio with other teachers and Teacher Teams that your are a part of by clicking the send a copy icon.
NOTE: When you share your portfolio, the receiving teacher or teachers will see it listed after clicking My Student Portfolios. It will not have students or scores assigned to it.
You can Delete a portfolio by clicking the delete icon.
NOTE: This will delete the portfolio and all scoring associated with the portfolio.
Linking your Student Portfolio to a Student Growth Goal in Strive
Student Portfolios can be linked to Student Growth Goals in Strive.
To Link your portfolio to your Student Growth Goal in Strive click the Attach Goal button.
A window will open that will show your Student Growth Goals. Choose the preferred goal by clicking the plus sign and click Attach Goal.
NOTE: Goals that have already been attached to a portfolio will be listed as unavailable for attachment.
This can be also be done while logged into the Strive Application.
Please see our help article HERE to learn more about linking your Student portfolio to your Student Growth Goal in Strive.