Room Types are generic category descriptions for rooms. They are associated to the physical type of room existing in most buildings. For the stage of building an inventory, managers will need to create a room and associate the room type from the list created in this part of the settings.
Room Types serve two functions:
- Information can be recorded, stored and tracked based on room type
- When staff members reserve a room, they begin a room reservation by clicking on the room type, not the individual room
Building Room Types
- Click the Manage tab
- Click on Room Types
- Click the Create Room Type button
A new room type is generated with its own settings.
Set Room Type Custom Properties
Custom properties are customizable pieces of information that need to be tracked or recorded on rooms or assets. This information is viewed only in Inventory reports and System Manager access. All custom properties appear in a list under Room Types and Asset Classes. In order to associate a custom property with a room type or asset class, the custom property needs to be selected for the specific room type or asset class. When you create Custom Properties, you determine if the property is searchable and/or private.
- Enter a name for the new Room Type
- Check any properties you would like to track for this room type
- Click Save
Set Reservation Properties
Reservation properties is the information shown to a requestor when they are completing a reservation request. This is useful information for them if multiple rooms/assets are available at the same time so they can determine the best choice for their request.
- Click and drag property items to the right to add them for requestors to view.
- Click Save
- Title: The name of the property (or room name)
- Max Seating: The established number of seats available defined in the inventory settings for the room
- Description: A typed description of the room
- Room Number: The physical number of the room
- Picture: Provides an image of the room/asset if uploaded in the room settings
Below is an example of what a requestor will see based on all columns moved to the right. Images appear as a pop-up when the user moves their cursor over the image icon.