This school year, the entire Student Learning Objective/Student Growth progress can be monitored in both Strive and Aware. In Aware, student portfolios can be created for teachers to determine milestones, set the initial and target profiles of students, select students to monitor in a portfolio, and attach a portfolio to a student growth goal. In Strive, a portfolio from Aware can be attached to a student growth goal to create a portfolio snapshot viewed by the teacher and their appraiser. Evidence tracked in the goal can be used to provide feedback and insight into the student growth process throughout the year and to the summative.
This video demonstrates how the SLO process in Aware & Strive mirrors the expectations of the Texas SLO documentation.
Setup Aware Access
There is no additional setup required for this in Aware. Student Portfolios are currently available for teachers to select in the Analyze tab in Aware. Once student rosters are uploaded and available, teachers will be able to create and edit Student Portfolio milestones, labels, and descriptors.
- Click here to learn more on how to Build and Manage Student Portfolios in Aware.
- Click here to learn more on how to Assigning and Scoring Student Portfolios in Aware.
- Click here to learn more on how to Attach an Aware Student Portfolio to a Strive Student Growth Goal.
Setup Strive Access
In Strive, the only requirement for connecting student growth goals to Aware student portfolios is to create an evaluation task tied to the Eduphoria Student Growth Goal feature. If you are planning to use a document for gathering student growth goals and not our Student Growth Goal feature, the connection feature between Aware & Strive will not work.
- In Strive, click on Settings > Appraisal Settings
- Click on Appraisee Types
- Select a teacher appraisee type (if multiple teacher types, this will need to be completed for each teacher type).
*Note: If you need help creating an Evaluation Process with steps and tasks, review this help article before proceeding.
- In the Evaluation Process for the selected appraisee type, select the SLO/SGG task
- Select Student Growth Goal from the options for the task type
- Click Save
- Click Update Existing Process Instances
More Information about Texas SLO
ESC 10 created this quick video to explain the SLO process for Texas educators.