Before you can create a walkthrough or other evaluation document on a staff member, the following criteria must be met:
- A formal appraiser has been assigned to the appraisee; and
- An appraisee type has been assigned to them.
To create a walkthrough or any type of evaluation for the staff member:
- Go to Campus View.
- Click the Option button and select New Evaluation
If an Evaluation Process has been created for this appraisee type, then you may see multiple steps in the evaluation process to select (e.g.: Walkthrough, Formal Observation, PreConference, Summative Conference, etc.).
- Select the Evaluation Step item for the type of evaluation document you are creating.
- Select the Template to be used by clicking on the menu box for drop-down options. Highlight the form you wish to use.
- Fill out the details of the evaluation including Classroom name, Start Date, Start Time, and End Time.
- Click Create Evaluation.
The evaluation template will open and you can begin adding information to the form.
Explore Evaluation Template Options
The top menu bar provides options for the form.
- Close: Closes the form for access later. The form is still unavailable for viewing by the appraisee.
- Print: Saves a PDF version of the form and contents.
- Saved: Once typing occurs on the form, it will begin autosaving changes.
- Delete: Deletes the form and contents.
- Let Staff View: Opens up the form and its contents for viewing by the appraisee.
- Show/Hide Scripted Comments: Provides a blank space for notes only accessible by the appraiser. This allows them to take notes before adding them into the viewable form for staff. Notes posted here are only viewable to the appraiser. They are not stored or available for viewing by any one but the appraiser.
- Electronically Sign: If your district is using electronic signatures, this button will appear and both the appraisee and appraiser will click this option to enter security credentials to apply an electronic signature.
A messaging area is available in all evaluation forms for communication between appraisee and appraiser. Click on Send New Message to begin.
Messages are time and date stamped within the evaluation form.