At the start of school, some districts offer annual compliance training and other learning opportunities in Strive eCourses. An eCourse is an asynchronous learning tool to facilitate information sharing without the constraints of time, place or instructor. You can take an eCourse at your own pace and refer to course information any time you need it.
You can access these courses the same way you sign up for other courses offered by your district.
Register for an eCourse
- Access Strive
- Click on Available Courses
- Use the filter at the bottom to select "eCourses" to filter out other types of courses
- When you find the course you need, click Enroll.
*Note: eCourses have an icon that looks like a computer to indicate it is taken on a computer.
Access Course Content
Once you register for a course, it will appear in your Personal View in Professional Development.
- Click on Personal View
- Click on the Professional Development tab
- Look in the column "Type" for eCourses if you have a long list of registered courses.
- Click the "Eye" icon to access the eCourse content
- Click the Course Content tab
- Click View to open a pop-up for the course content
- In the course content pop-up, use the Blue Arrows on the top-right side of the screen to navigate through the online content.
IMPORTANT: If you click the Table of Contents on the left and skip over items in the list, the course knows and it will not let you get credit. You have to view ALL course contents to receive credit. Using the Blue Arrows is the easiest and best way to make sure you access all content in the eCourse so you can receive credit.
At the end of a unit chapter, the Blue Arrow may be unavailable.
- Click Move On To Next Chapter to navigate to the next point in the eCourse.
- At the end of the course, close the pop-up window to complete further steps.
Take an Assessment
If your eCourse has an Assessment:
- Answer the questions that appear on screen
- Click Score Assessment
- Click the Blue Arrows to continue to the end of the course
Upload File Task
If your eCourse has an upload file task:
- Click Attach File
- Click Choose File to select your file on your computer
- Once the filename appears next to Choose File, click Attach File in this window
- Once files are attached, click Score Assessment
- Score Assessment button disappears, click Blue Arrows to continue through the eCourse
Once a course is complete, a button will appear in the Course Content tab to Request Credit. A course is complete when each chapter has a green check icon and a Request Credit button is available.
If the Request Credit button is not appearing, check for a chapter with a pencil icon next to it. A course is incomplete when a chapter has a pencil icon showing and the Request Credit button is unavailable.
- Click the View button on the right for the chapter with a pencil icon to complete the chapter requirements.
- Click the Request Credit button to submit tasks and assessments for scoring after all course chapters are complete.
Complete A Survey
If your eCourse requires you to complete a survey:
- Complete all survey fields
- Click Submit Survey at the bottom of the survey screen
*Note: If you click Dismiss, it will not submit your survey. It is important to scroll to the bottom of the survey to click Submit Survey to complete the steps to receive credit.
View Status of Credit
If you have completed all course content and you have clicked the Request Credit button, you can view the status of the credit award.
- Click on Professional Development tab
- Change the view to History
- Scroll in History view to Professional Development Events list for the year
Credit Status for eCourses and Outside Credit Requests are viewable here.