Eduphoria users with the Aware Right of View Student Tests may assign testing supports to students through a few different methods. If you are assigning supports for students for the first time, or have many support changes to make (beginning of the school year or new semester, or assigning for the first time), follow the Mass Assigning Test Supports guide below. Users may also assign supports manually, which is most useful when there are only a few changes to be made (a new student joins the class). To assign supports individually to students, jump to Individual Student Supports.
Note: The online testing system checks for student supports when entries are generated for the test. An entry is where the student’s answer data is stored and are generated in three ways:
- An administrator starts online testing from the Assessments tab.
- The answer sheet PDF is generated
- A teacher marks a test to be proctored online in the Test Available section.
If you need to make changes to testing supports, do it before the entries are generated, or you will need to clear the entries so that the new supports are picked up. Entries are cleared by:
- Selecting ‘Delete Answer Sheets’ and selecting specific students to clear just their entries.
- Selecting Clear Answer Sheet to remove ALL entries.
- Note: Clearing entries will also permanently remove ALL data associated with the entry. If students have taken the test or answer sheets have been printed, removing the entry will permanently remove the data and invalidate the printed answer sheet!
Eduphoria also recommends that all online tests be set to ‘teacher proctor’; this gives teachers the greatest control over support management.
Mass Assigning Testing Supports
- Download the .csv template linked at the bottom of this article and enter the required support information for the appropriate students. Note: In the .csv template, place a “1” in each field to activate the support and a “0” or blank to leave the support deactivated.
- To mass upload and assign testing supports for students, begin by selecting the Students tab in Aware. Then, select the Upload Student Support Status button in the bottom left of the screen.
- Select 'Choose File', find the .CSV, then select 'Open.'
- Select 'Upload'. This file now contains reading and writing as subject areas to align specific supports for students.
Individual Student Supports
- Navigate to the Students tab in Aware, then use the Search box to find the student whose supports you wish to change by name or local ID.
- Select the General tab on the student profile, then select the appropriate checkboxes. When complete, select Update.
Student Supports Report
The Student Supports Report may be accessed by an administrator through the Reports button on the Analyze tab. This report can be run for an entire district or for individual campuses.
For more information about student supports, check out these resources.
Student Support Template: