It is common for districts to allow staff to participate in professional learning opportunities outside of what the district offered. These outside opportunities can be tracked as professional learning credits in your Portfolio in Strive. A wizard will walk you through step-by-step to request the outside opportunity as in-district credit. To open the wizard, follow the steps below in Strive:
1. Select My Professional Learning on the left side of the screen.
2. Select the Portfolio option at the top.
3. Select My Portfolio in the center to view your professional learning portfolio.
4. Select Add New Portfolio Entry to begin the wizard.
5. Select the option for what type of portfolio entry and select Next.
6. Enter the workshop details including Title, Description, Start Date and End Date with Times. Select Next.
7. Enter the number of Credit Hours under the Credit Types. You can enter hours in more than one credit type.
8. Select Next.
9. Open the containers for the frameworks to select specific Dimensions. Use the check boxes to select as many dimensions as needed.
10. Select Next.
11. If you have any files to upload to verify your attendance such as a certificate or reflection document, select Choose File and browse to the document to upload. You can upload up to 3 files on this screen. Once you have uploaded your documents, select Next.
12. Select Finish to close the Portfolio Wizard.
After you finish the wizard, you have the ability to go back to the request under My Portfolio to add notes, attach additional documents, select credit type and attach goals (if enabled in your district) before submitting the credit for review.