Electronic Signatures allow districts to implement a substantial paperless process in participating Eduphoria applications. Each user selects a security question and provides a response used to attach a digital signature to forms. To electronically sign a document, staff must authenticate against Active Directory, eDirectory, or use Eduphoria authentication, as well as provide the required answer to the security question.
For electronic signatures to work in Strive, the following steps must occur:
- Activate Electronic Signatures in System Management
- Activate Electronic Signatures in Strive Appraisal Settings
- Activate Electronic Signatures in specific templates used in the Evaluation Process
Enable Electronic Signatures in Management
- Open Management
- Click on District Settings
- Click on the Electronic Signatures Tab
- Read the electronic signature agreement
- Click the Enable Electronic Signatures button to enable for your district
*Note: Only a system administrator can enable the signature option and should only do so once a district decision has been made.
Strive Appraisal Settings - Electronic Signature Setup
- Access Strive, Settings, Appraisal Settings
- Click on General Options
- Click on the tab for Electronic Signatures (this tab will only appear after activating electronic signatures in System Management)
- Check the "Enable electronic signatures for SchoolObjects: Appraise"
- Review Signature Refusal options to make choices.
- Click Save
Strive Template Settings - Electronic Signature Setup
- In Strive, Settings, Appraisal Settings
- Click on Evaluation Templates
- Select the templates used in evaluation processes
- Click Template Options tab
- Check the "Enable electronic signatures" box for templates for users and appraisers to apply an electronic signature for the form.
- Click Save and Update Existing Documents
Staff Setup for Electronic Signature
Staff must complete settings in their profile to create the security question and answer for enabling an electronic signature.
The next section is very important and tied to security for applying an electronic signature to online evaluation documents.
- Staff will need to select a security question and provide an answer they can remember.
- Answers provided are CASE-SENSITIVE and SPACE-SENSITIVE. Enter an answer and click Next.
When a form uses Electronic Signatures, this is the window that will appear for a user to complete in order to electronically sign the form. They must enter their eduphoria username and password and complete the security question with the answer they entered in their profile.
Click Electronically Sign Document.
If users forget their security question answer, they can log back in to Eduphoria and click on My Profile on the main app screen. They can change their security question and answer as long as they are able to login to their own Eduphoria account. They do not need to contact tech support for help with security questions. Only the user can update or change their electronic signature.