This article provides an overview of how to convert a Standard Course for use with virtual meeting links.
Standard Courses refer to the face-to-face sessions used in tracking professional development registration and management of the synchronous learning, whether in-person or virtual.
Refer to this article on Creating a School/District Course if you need help with creating a course.
- Open Strive
- Click on Settings
- Click on Workshop Settings and access Courses under Course Management
- Select a Standard Course from your list
- Click the Setup tab and under Course Description, select Title & Description
- In the Prerequisites/Requirements field, add the link to the Zoom, Meet, Web-Ex, or other virtual session you will be using.
The Prerequisites/Requirements field will be part of the confirmation email that registrants will receive, so they will know how to join.
Registered Attendees can also find this information by going back into the course Details.
- Click on My Professional Learning
- On the Enrolled Courses tab, they can select a course listed to view details.
This will display the Course Details, and registered users will be able see the link to copy & paste as needed.
Webinar Recorded July 1, 2020
Paige & Joel share successful examples of eCourse formats and features used by districts. We also share how to incorporate virtual spaces to track in Strive.
NOTE: In this webinar Paige says to use the description field for your meeting links. You will want to use the Prerequisites/Requirements field instead, because it is sent in the confirmation email and the description field is not.