Sessions can be added by:
- Using the + Add Session button
- Selecting a time block on the calendar or location view
Session Details include:
- Title of Session
- Date of Session
- Start Time
- End Time
- Virtual Session Link
- Room Selection
- Max Attendees
- Professional Learning Credits to be Awarded to Participants
- Learning Tracks
There are multiple views for session planning with the time blocks: Calendar View, List View, and Location View.
- Calendar View provides the time blocks by dates set in the Conference Details.
- List View provides a list of all sessions by time.
- Location View provides the time blocks by locations selected in the Conference Details.
Virtual Session Link
A session can include linking to a virtual meeting space such as Meet, Zoom, etc. This link will be available for the registered attendee to access on their personal conference scheduler.
*Tip: We have seen districts create a Training Location in Workshop Settings for virtual meetings or conferences. This location can be added to a conference session, in addition to the Virtual Session Link to help participants reference the link as a virtual meeting space instead of a building or room.
Conference Session Setting
Participant View of Session
Room Selection includes only the rooms selected in Conference Details. Select a Room from the list for each session. Max Attendees corresponds to the settings for the room in Workshop Settings > Workshop Setup > Training Locations. If you increase the number of Max Attendees in the Session, the system will alert you if the number goes over the Max Attendees value attached to the location in Workshop Settings.
Add Professional Learning Credits to a Session
- Click on Add Credit Type to select from the Credit Types available in Workshop Settings > Workshop Setup > Credit Types.
- Scroll through the list to select types or enter terms on the search line to go to a specific credit type.
- Click on the Credit Type in the list to add it to the Credits for the session.
- Provide a value for the Credit Type awarded by entering a number or using the arrows to increase/decrease the value.
*Note: To enter decimal values for credits, enter a numeric value before the decimal. For .5 credits, for example, enter 0.5.
Select Learning Tracks
- Click on Learning Tracks to add them to the session to help users filter and sort by the associated track. Tracks are provided from the list created in the Conference Details. Selected Learning Tracks will appear in the list with the plum color. Unselected Learning Tracks will remain grey.
- Click on Add Instructor to select from the Instructors available in Workshop Settings > Workshop Setup > Instructors.
- Scroll through the list of Instructors or enter search values to find the instructor to add to the session.
- Select an Instructor by clicking on the name so it appears as an Instructor on the Session.
- You can add multiple Instructors to Sessions.