If you receive an error from the Eduphoria App about not being able to connect to the Internet, there may be a problem with a proxy server. Kiosk mode does not work with proxy servers unless a network configuration is defined and applied “by device” instead of “by user”. The following steps can be followed to set up the network configuration “by device”.
- Login to the Google Suite admin console at https://admin.google.com
- Select “Device Management” and then “Network” under the Device Settings.
- Select WiFi or Ethernet. If no networks are defined, then select “Create”.
- Enter the setting for your network. On the proxy settings, configure the proxy as required and be sure to select “by device” in the “Apply network” section.
- The final step is to validate that everything is set up correctly. To do this, we recommend testing the network settings with the generic "Kiosk" App with App ID: afhcomalholahplbjhnmahkoekoijban
This App allows you to configure an arbitrary URL (such as https://www.respondus.com/) which is displayed when the App enters Kiosk mode. Once networking has been validated with the Kiosk App, you can be confident that the Eduphoria LockDown Browser for Chromebook will be able to connect to the Internet via the proxy server.