Checklists give districts the ability to provide a trackable items for teachers to check off when creating lessons. Multiple checklists can be created to track things like technology used, instructional strategies, objects that may be used, lesson structure, or other items used in the lesson. Both teachers and administrators can run reports on these checklists to determine what is being used often, what is being overlooked, etc.
To access the checklists, go to the Manage tab, and select Forethought Options.
Lesson Checklists Tab
To manage checklists, navigate to the Forethought Options interface. Activate the feature by checking Enable Lesson Checklists.
Create Checklist Groups
- Type in the name of the desired group in the top text box
- Click the Add Group button
- You can use the Edit Group button to change the name of an existing group
- Move Up and Move Down will reorganize your existing groups
- Remove Group will help you remove unwanted groups
Create Checklist Items
- Select a checklist group
- Type in the new item in the text box below
- Click Add Item
- Repeat the process for additional items
- As with groups, you can use Edit Item, Move Up, Move Down, and Remove Item to manage your list of items.
Items are immediately available to teachers upon creation. No extra publishing is required.
Run a Checklist Usage Report
A report of district wide checklist usage can be generated in the Reports tab. This report shows the number of times each item was used within a given month.
To create a checklist usage report:
- Open the Reports Tab
- Select the Checklist Usage Report
- Choose the start date and school
- Click "Submit Report" to open or save a PDF File
Please sign in to leave a comment.