View our webinar on Supporting HB4545. Click "Show More" in the video description to skip to content sections.
Presentation slidedeck available here.
House Bill 4545 recently passed in the 87th Regular Legislative Session. The new statute is effective as of June, 2021. You can view additional information and resources on the Texas Education Agency (TEA) website.
This House Bill requires additional accelerated instructional support for each subject area grades 3-12 that a student does not achieve approaches grade level on a STAAR or STAAR EOC assessment. For grades 3, 5 and 8 if a student does not achieve approaches grade level for the Reading or Math STAAR/STAAR EOC, a committee is required to meet on the student's behalf.
Eduphoria has several software options available for identifying and monitoring students, including:
- Identifying students that meet the criteria (that tested)
- Identifying students that did not take a test (score code)
- Creating monitor groups that can be evaluated over time
- Assessments can also be filtered by monitor group to assess only the students receiving intervention
- Teachers sharing class rosters with campus specialists
- Documenting an action plan that is viewable by all the students' rostered teachers
- Creating a portfolio to monitor student growth
- Documenting a teacher goal based on student growth with evidence
- Lesson planning features that allow for strategy selection, intervention planning, and tracking standards that are taught in intervention groups.
Article is closed for comments.