Student Growth Goals focus on purposeful and thoughtful instructional design and delivery for an end result toward student growth. At the beginning of the year, teachers work with their peers, their appraiser, and other support staff to identify the student growth focus, create an instructional plan, and identify where their students are academically at the beginning of the course. Student Learning Objective (SLO) is synonymous terminology with Student Growth Goals.
Watch this webinar on Measuring Student Growth in Aware & Strive - click SHOW MORE in the video description to jump to specific chapters. This webinar demonstrates how student growth is measured in Aware and tracked in Strive from both teacher and principal perspectives.
Start of School - Helping Teachers Determine and Write their Student Growth Goals
Start of School - Reports Every Instructional Coach Should Use
*Note: Access to these reports is based on the assigned rights in our System Management application to have the ability to appraise staff. If your district is not providing you the appraisal right to access the reports, consider reaching out to someone at your campus or in district who can run the reports for you, so you can still access this vital data.
|View an article about running the Goal Summary Spreadsheet Export.|
- This report provides a list of all staff at your campus, the name of their appraiser, and the status of their goal: unsubmitted, submitted, approved, completed and archived.
- Why? The Goal Summary Spreadsheet Export will inform you of which teachers may need help writing goals that have not been approved yet. It will also help you to inform your principals on their need to approve teacher goals.
- When? Run this report shortly after goals are due and run it several times until all goals are submitted and approved. You can run this report separately for Professional Goals and Student Growth Goals.
- Be sure to set dates to collect goals that may have been created at the end of last appraisal year or closely after the EoY Summative.
|View an article about running the Goal Details Spreadsheet Export.|
- This report is fundamental to determining which learning standards teachers are working on to create coaching groups, plan support, and plan professional learning opportunities. You can also inform walkthroughs for your principals based on success criteria and look-fors tied to goals your teachers are working on in lesson planning and delivery of instruction.
- Why? The Goal Details Spreadsheet Export provides you with each teacher, who their assigned appraiser is, the goal statement, the learning standards selected, success criteria, completion dates demographic data, and the overall student growth percentages.
- When? Run this report shortly after all goals have been approved and at the end of the year once student have been scored.
- Remember to set the dates to collect goals created at the end of last year.
Setting Up Student Portfolios in Strive