Each year, teachers write goals focused on their professional and student growth needs. Successful goal setting requires multiple check-in times in the year to reflect on practice, collect evidence to demonstrate goal achievement, and work with instructional supports to guide goal success.
Start of School - Helping Teachers with Writing Good Goals
Start of School - Reports Every Instructional Coach Should Use
*Note: Access to these reports is based on the assigned rights in our System Management application to have the ability to appraise staff. If your district is not providing you the appraisal right to access the reports, consider reaching out to someone at your campus or in district who can run the reports for you, so you can still access this vital data.
|Goal Summary Spreadsheet Export|
- This report provides a list of all staff at your campus, the name of their appraiser, and the status of their goal: unsubmitted, submitted, approved, completed and archived.
- Why? The Goal Summary Spreadsheet Export will inform you of which teachers may need help writing goals that have not been approved yet. It will also help you to inform your principals on their need to approve teacher goals.
- When? Run this report shortly after goals are due and run it several times until all goals are submitted and approved. You can run this report separately for Professional Goals and Student Growth Goals.
- Be sure to set dates to collect goals that may have been created at the end of last appraisal year or closely after the EoY Summative.
|Goal Details Spreadsheet Export|
- This report is fundamental to determining which framework dimensions teachers are working on to create coaching groups, plan support, and plan professional learning opportunities. You can also inform walkthroughs for your principals based on success criteria and look-fors tied to goals your teachers are working on.
- Why? The Goal Details Spreadsheet Export provides you with each teacher, who their assigned appraiser is, the goal statement, the dimensions selected, success criteria, completion dates and more.
- When? Run this report shortly after all goals have been approved.
- Remember to set the dates to collect goals created at the end of last year.
|Appraisal Analysis: Framework Analysis|
- Appraisal Analysis is a data visualization tool for viewing correlations between framework dimensions attached to goals, professional development, and evaluation documents.
- Why? Running this report to focus on Professional Goals and Professional Development over time allows you to view how many goals were tagged to specific dimensions and how many CPE credits were provided to support those goals.
- When? Run this report after the summer and early fall PD has occurred to inform if there needs to be more professional development offered to support specific dimensions.
- Remember to use the dates to collect goals and PD created at the end of last year.
During the Year - Helping Teachers with Tracking Goal Work
|Watch a video demonstration of tracking evidence in a goal.|